Monday, August 13, 2012

Cable Knitting


Although it's technically still summer, I find myself doing more knitting then normal this time of year. And, cable knitting seems to be my stitch of choice.


It's a gloomy, gray day today... feeling a bit like fall.. Having all this strange weather I managed to get a lot of knitting done. I usually start one project and jump right into a new without completing the old. This year I decided to discipline myself and stay on one project at a time, until it's done.
So far...I've done just that..the pillow above is a simple cable stitch..working 11 cables in all.
I used a yarn found on sale for only 1.63 per skein in white..I've haven't used it before but thought at that price I would give it a try. It's Bernat Softee Bulk Weight #5. Much to my surprise it was a wonderful yarn...one I would recommend.


For some unknown reason I manage to enlarge the first two photographs....then after that this is what I get. Even though I learn new things as they upgrade often means I'm off to learn something new...which can both be fun and frustrating.
This is a combination of a low point crocheted ripple blanket with a picot edging...which I love..it adds a simple yet detailed finished appearance.


Okay..someone has got to let me in on the secret to enlarging these photographs! The first two.. all I do  is click on the photo and a screen pop's up to let me choose the size...I'm so confused! Yet not enough to keep me from posting or for that starting another white cable pillow cover. The yarn used is Caron Simply Soft in White of course. Done in only a 5 cable pattern this time.
I am working in White's and gray thinking this may be a Christmas gift set for my daughter. Her new home is done in these shades. Thinking two white 5 cable pattern pillows, one in the 11 cable with the Afghan. Wouldn't you like to receive this set as a gift? I am hoping she'll love it too!

No comments: