Friday, August 24, 2012

Inspiring Lunch

 
I was looking for something different to eat for lunch today. I don't know about most people, but after decades of eating, food can often get boring. Unless, I suppose, if you're among the rich.

Any who, I took some round tortilla chips layered the bottom of the salad plate topped with sharp cheddar cheese. Then I took tomatoes from the garden cut them up, along with
some sliced chicken lunch meat. Topped it with more tortilla's.
 
 
 
Then I thought... hmm...I think I'll add fresh sliced mushroom.
 
 
 
 
Topped it with more sharp cheddar cheese and hit the microwave, one of the best inventions for a single empty nester. Microwaved it for one minute took it out and gave it a second round at 25 seconds. I did this so as not to over cook the cheese.
 
 
         And here it is...doesn't it look yummy? Especially next to my favorite cold sweet tea, Gold Peak.  Next time I am going to make sure I have sour cream on hand, it really would have topped it off. I can't begin to describe how delicious this turned out to be...the under layers were still moist. This was just what my taste buds needed...an inspiring new treat.
                                                                    
      Happy Friday!! Have a Great Weekend!

No comments: